Another great week at HFS with all classes well into the routines of learning.
All parents are invited to join us for a Chusoek Celebration on Tuesday 26th September at 1.30pm on the Astroturf field. There will be dancing, music and food.
All student are encouraged to wear either Hanbok or their own national dress on this day. If you don’t want to do either, that is also ok.
- Week 5 – Tuesday 26th September – 1.30 pm – Chuseok Celebration – Parents are invited to join us at school for a Chuseok Celebration on the Astroturf featuring dancing, traditional costumes and food
- Week 5 – Tuesday 26th September 6 pm – School Consultative Group Meeting
- Week 5-6 – Thursday 28th September to Tuesday 3rd October – Chuseok Holiday
- Week 7 – Wednesday 11th October pm – PTA Kindness Thrift Market – Further details to follow
- Week 8 – Friday 20th October – International Children’s Festival – HFS Students will be performing at this event and parents will be invited to attend
- Week 8 – Friday 27th October – PTA Halloween Party – Further. details to follow
Students at HFS have access to Education City accounts. Education City is an educational software platform designed for FS1 to Year 6 students. It offers interactive educational games, activities, and resources to support learning in various subjects, including math, science, and language arts.
You can use Education City at home to support learning happening in school.
Usernames and passwords are available from your Class teacher.
Some other online programs recommended by HFS
- Khan Academy – a non-profit educational organization that offers free online video lessons and exercises on a wide range of subjects to help students of all ages learn and master various topics at their own pace.
- Epic Reading – a digital library and educational platform designed for children, offering a vast collection of books, audiobooks, and educational content that can be accessed by students, educators, and families to support literacy and learning in an engaging and interactive way.
- Code.org – Code.org is a non-profit organization dedicated to expanding access to computer science education by providing free resources, curriculum, and tutorials to help students, especially in K-12 education, learn coding and computer science concepts.
- Interland – an online educational game created by Google as part of its “Be Internet Awesome” initiative. It is designed to teach children and young internet users about digital safety and citizenship by engaging them in a series of interactive challenges and activities that promote responsible online behaviour.